Legal Services Corporation Office of Inspector General
Notice: Summary Report Forms for audits with 12/31/14 FY-ends ARE being accepted.
Grantee Independent Public Accountants Listing as of March 2015
Audit Guidance Update:
• Summary Report Forms for audits with 12/31/14 FY-ends ARE currently being accepted.
• There are currently no changes to the guidance for FY-end 12/31/14 audits. The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently published the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Grant Guidance) that consolidated and streamlined numerous financial management regulations for grants into one comprehensive document. We are currently evaluating the effect, if any, that this document may have on our audit guidance. In the interim, Independent Public Accounts (IPAs) should follow past practices in conducting their annual financial statment audits of LSC grantees. This includes a report on the Financial Statements; Reports on Internal Controls and Compliance with Laws and Regulations; and the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards for the year ended as required under the former OMB Circular A-133. Please check this website for any additional announcements, updates or changes to the audit guidance.
• Although IPAs are not required to do any additional work for the 12/31/14 audits, they should be aware that the OIG may request to look at certain workpapers of selected IPAs.
• Audit Announcement and Bulletin 2012-01 clarifies guidance contained in the LSC OIG's Compliance Supplement regarding IPAs' access to attorney-client privileged information. [PDF 333K] 06/25/2012
• Advisory to Executive Directors and Grantee Independent Public Accountants re: Summary Results of Quality Control Reviews (QCRs) for FY 2013 Financial Statements Audits [PDF 934K] 03/2015
• Advisory to Executive Directors and Grantee Independent Public Accountants re: Summary Results of Quality Control Reviews (QCRs) for FY 2012 Financial Statements Audits [PDF 776K] 03/2014
• Advisory to Executive Directors and Grantee Independent Public Accountants re: Summary Results of Quality Control Reviews (QCRs) for FY 2011 Financial Statements Audits [PDF 783K] 03/2013
• The OIG project to reissue a consolidated audit guidance document, updating the references to LSC regulations and consolidating the recommended audit tests, has been put on hold at the present time.
• IPAs are reminded that now all audit findings are to be reported on the Summary Report Form. Please refer to the Summary Report Form instructions for guidance.
Reporting Language to Conform to SAS No. 112.
• AICPA has posted illustrative examples on its website. LSC will accept grantee audit reports with the AICPA suggested language for the Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting and on Compliance and Other Matters Based on an Audit of Financial Statements Performed in Accordance with Government Auditing Standards. You may find these examples at http://gaqc.aicpa.org/Resources/Illustrative+Auditors+Reports/
• If you have a question that is not addressed on our website under Auditors' Resources email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 202 295 1671