Corporate Governance is a system of controls encompassing policies, processes, and people which support corporate direction and successful operational performance. Effective governance and risk management processes help ensure the financial and organizational health of an organization. At the Legal Services Corporation, corporate governance is set at the top by the Board of Directors and the LSC management team. Through its oversight activities, the OIG monitors and helps prevent and reduce the occurrence of financial and organizational risks and enhance LSC and its grant recipients’ good stewardship of resources. This page provides valuable materials from various oversight entities that will assist LSC with its governance, controls and risk management program.
Resources referenced in the Memorandum:
- COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework - May 2013
- OMB Circular A-123-Management's Responsiblity for Internal Control - December 2004
- Government Accountability Office's (GAO) Standards for Internal Control in the Federal Government
- COSO Enterprise Risk Management-Integrated Framework, Executive Summary - September 2004
- Fiscal Oversight Task Force Report - July 2011
Please note: Many links are for Adobe Reader® (PDF) formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Adobe Reader.